UIndy hosts 5th annual Hoops and Heroes basketball benefit game
The University of Indianapolis will host the 5th annual Hoops and Heroes event in Nicoson Hall on October 6. Basketball teams from the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department and the Indianapolis Fire Department will go head-to-head in the charity basketball game, benefitting The Julian Center. Mayor Joe Hogsett will be in attendance during the event.
Doors open at 5 p.m. for pre-game activities until 6 p.m. Tip-off is at 6:15 p.m. Pre-game fun includes:
- An appearance by former Pacers player and contestant on Survivor, Scot Pollard
- Jr. Pacers and Jr. Fever skills challenge hosted by the Indiana Pacers and Indiana Fever
- Opportunities to meet and greet the Pacemates and Fever Inferno Hip-Hop Squad
- Presentation of the flags by the Indianapolis Fire Department’s Honor Guard
- The chance to meet mascots, including McGruff, Boomer, and Freddy Fever
Raffle items are available to win, and halftime entertainment is provided by Boomer and the High-Flying Power Pack Dunk Squad.
Hoops and Heroes is free to attend and open to the public. Free parking is available. To learn more, click here.
All proceeds from the event will support the counseling, workplace readiness, legal and housing assistance, and family programs at The Julian Center.
Event sponsors include Hathaway Strategies; Kroger; Pacers Sports & Entertainment; University of Indianapolis; Barnes & Thornburg LLP; Black & Veatch; Herman & Kittle Properties, Inc.; Central Security & Communications; Gregory & Appel Insurance; Arcadis; Citizens Energy Group; Defenders; Katz, Sapper & Miller; Molly Maid; Oneview; and TCC.