Due to the extreme cold and our concerns for your safety, the University of Indianapolis will be closed Wednesday (Jan. 30, 2019) and will remain closed through 10:00 a.m., Thursday (Jan. 31, 2019).
We are actively monitoring the weather forecast and will be in regular communications with you if the University’s operating status changes.
Essential personnel will be on campus and Dining Services (Schwitzer Student Center) will remain open.
All updates to our University operating status will be shared via the following communication channels:
- University email and Watchdog
- Social media and website including uindy.edu, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Indianapolis area media will also be provided with information about cancellations and/or delays.
Please continue to be safe during this cold weather, and as a reminder, follow these winter weather personal safety guidelines including:
- Dress in several layers, making sure head, neck and hands are covered. That means using those important winter accessories such as hats, gloves, scarves, face masks and boots.
- Limit traveling during cold temperatures/wind chills.
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of frostbite and hypothermia and seek medical treatment immediately if you believe someone is experiencing these medical conditions.
Stephen Kolison, Executive Vice President and Provost
Kory Vitangeli, Vice President for Student and Campus Affairs and Dean of Students