Senior spotlight: Claire Gilbert, marketing
Leading up to December commencement, we’ll be featuring stories & reflections from the University of Indianapolis senior class.
Claire Gilbert ’18 is a marketing major who has also been involved in a variety of extracurriculars:
- Student Recruitment Manager, UIndy School of Business
- Member, Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA)
- Involved with Student Business Leadership Academy as both a Vice President and Board Member (in different years)
- UIndy Connectors (UIndy social media ambassador program)
- Top Dog Communication
- Volunteered for programming hosted by the Ecumenical & Interfaith Office
“Not only did these organizations mold me into a young professional but they also helped me develop personally, allowing me to grow in my faith and meet my best friends. I’m so thankful for the well-rounded experiences and unique opportunities UIndy provided me!”
My plans after graduation: I will finish my internship with Delta Faucet Company global headquarters in Carmel, IN and intend to work in corporate marketing in Indianapolis.
My advice to incoming freshmen: The key to success in college is people. Surround yourself with good people that will encourage you, help you grow and look out for you from the very beginning. That will be easy, because UIndy is full of them!